The Timekeeper is our premier road racing tire. Utilizing our signature Rubberforce S tread compound, now mixed with more silica, the Timekeeper is the fastest-rolling tire in the American Classic road collection. With lightning-fast straight-line speed and confidence-inspiring cornering, the Timekeeper can help you set your next segment PR and climb the ranks of the weeknight crit.
The Timekeeper is available in both Tubeless Ready and tube-type constructions with sidewall color options of black and tan. The Tubeless Ready version utilizes Stage 3S Armor construction with 120 TPI casing and a 120 TPI skin that when paired with liquid tubeless sealant, provides a more supple and smoother-riding tire. The tube-type version combines 120 TPI fabric with a lighter, more supple, and more puncture resistant Nylon105 belt to provide a faster, more supple, and puncture resistant tube type construction compared to previous American Classic road tires.
The Tubeless Ready version is designed for both hook-bead (crochet) and hookless rims that follow current E.T.R.T.O. standards. When used with a hookless tire, this tire must never be inflated beyond 73psi (25mm) or the maximum air pressure rating of the rim, whichever is lower.
- Ultra-light road racing tire
- 700x25C, 700x28C, 700x30X
- Tube Type or Tubeless Ready
- Stage 3 Armor (TT) and Stage 3S Armor (TLR) construction
- Rubberforce S road racing tire compound
- Black or tan sidewall
|Stage 3 Armor, Stage 3S Armor
|Tube Type or Tubeless
|700x25C (ETRTO 25-622)
Weight: 210-215 g (Tube Type), 305 g (Tubeless)
Max Pressure: 100 PSI (TC/TT)
700x28C (ETRTO 28-622)
Weight: 235-240 g (Tube Type), 335 g (Tubeless)
Max Pressure: 85 PSI (TC/TT)
700x30C (ETRTO 30-622)
Weight: 245-250 g (Tube Type), 360 g (Tubeless)
Max Pressure: 80 PSI (TC/TT)
American Classic tires have a 2-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. Any defective tires will be replaced at no charge. This warranty applies to the original owner with proof of purchase and is non-transferable and non-assignable. The original owner is responsible for all postage costs and transportation risks of the returned product(s). The warranty covers American Classic products purchased through authorized dealers, www.amclassic.com, or the American Classic branded Amazon store, and product included as original equipment components of a new bicycle purchase. The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, product abuse, commercial usage, shipping damage, improper installation and/or maintenance, negligence, reckless handling, and/or unauthorized modification.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for warranty information and claim forms.
Some American Classic tires are compatible with hookless (Tubeless Straight-Side/TSS) rims. To be compatible, the following must be met:
- The tire must be a Tubeless-Ready model,
- The tire must not include Stage 3 Flat Protection or Stage 3S Flat Protection,
- The tire must be placed on an appropriate width rim,
- The rim must meet current E.T.R.T.O. standards for tubeless systems, and
- The air pressure must be below the lowest maximum pressure as listed by both the rim and the ISO recommended pressure for Tubeless-Ready tires on hookless rims.
More information on hookless compatibility can be found on our Tire and Rim Compatibility page.
Not approved for use on hookless rims:
- Lamplighter (all versions)
- Timekeeper Tube-Type (all versions)
- Timekeeper TLR with Stage 3 Flat Protection
- Torchbearer Tube-Type (all versions)
- Torchbearer TLR with Stage 3S Flat Protection
- Any, and all, tube-type tires
Warning: the maximum air pressure listed on American Classic tires is for hook bead systems. Hookless systems require a lower maximum pressure. ISO provided maximum air pressures for hookless systems can be found in the Tire Pressure section on our Tire Basics page.