The Lamplighter is our modern E-bike and city performance tire designed to get you anywhere with ease - thanks to its Rubberforce R compound that balances speed, traction, and reliability. The Stage 7 Armor construction makes it nearly impervious to flats while our progressive tread pattern provides traction across varied pavement and light trail surfaces. The continuous center section is road-bike-fast, with micro-siping to clear water and improve wet traction and cornering.
The Lamplighter is available in tube-type construction and requires an inner tube. Not intended for use with hookless rims or tubeless systems.
- E-bike and commuter approved
- 700x40C, 700x50C, 650Bx47
- Tube Type
- Stage 7 Armor construction is nearly impervious to flats
- Rubberforce R transit compound
- Fast rolling tread
- Shoulder siping improves traction in the wet
- Black sidewall
|City / E-Bike
|Stage 7 Armor
|700x40C (ETRTO 40-622)
Weight: 580 g
Max Pressure: 55 PSI (TT)
700x50C (ETRTO 50-622)
Weight: 765 g
Max Pressure: 50 PSI (TT)
650Bx47mm (ETRTO 50-584)
Weight: 670 g
Max Pressure: 50 PSI (TT)
American Classic tires have a 2-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. Any defective tires will be replaced at no charge. This warranty applies to the original owner with proof of purchase and is non-transferable and non-assignable. The original owner is responsible for all postage costs and transportation risks of the returned product(s). The warranty covers American Classic products purchased through authorized dealers, www.amclassic.com, or the American Classic branded Amazon store, and product included as original equipment components of a new bicycle purchase. The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, product abuse, commercial usage, shipping damage, improper installation and/or maintenance, negligence, reckless handling, and/or unauthorized modification.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for warranty information and claim forms.
Some American Classic tires are compatible with hookless (Tubeless Straight-Side/TSS) rims. To be compatible, the following must be met:
- The tire must be a Tubeless-Ready model,
- The tire must not include Stage 3 Flat Protection or Stage 3S Flat Protection,
- The tire must be placed on an appropriate width rim,
- The rim must meet current E.T.R.T.O. standards for tubeless systems, and
- The air pressure must be below the lowest maximum pressure as listed by both the rim and the ISO recommended pressure for Tubeless-Ready tires on hookless rims.
More information on hookless compatibility can be found on our Tire and Rim Compatibility page.
Not approved for use on hookless rims:
- Lamplighter (all versions)
- Timekeeper Tube-Type (all versions)
- Timekeeper TLR with Stage 3 Flat Protection
- Torchbearer Tube-Type (all versions)
- Torchbearer TLR with Stage 3S Flat Protection
- Any, and all, tube-type tires
Warning: the maximum air pressure listed on American Classic tires is for hook bead systems. Hookless systems require a lower maximum pressure. ISO provided maximum air pressures for hookless systems can be found in the Tire Pressure section on our Tire Basics page.