The Vulcanite is a go-anywhere tire featuring tall knobs for traction in loose terrain, hatch marks and siping for additional traction in packed conditions, and ramped central knobs for straight-line speed. And its semi-open tread block layout reduces debris build-up while increasing bite on rocky terrain and roots.
The Vulcanite is available in both Trail and Enduro versions with casing, construction, and tread compounds specific to the intended use. Trail models feature our Stage TR Armor construction for efficient climbing, predictable cornering, and long days on singletrack. Enduro models feature our Stage EN Armor construction for a tire that provides grip through blind corners, confidence over rock gardens, and the ability to cruise back up the trail. Both Stage TR Armor and Stage EN Armor constructions are Tubeless Ready.
- All-around Trail or Enduro tire
- 29X2.5" (64-622), 27.5X2.5" (64-584)
- Tubeless Ready
- Stage TR Armor Construction options
- Stage EN Armor Construction options
- Dual and Triple Compound tread options
- Black sidewall
|Protection||Stage EN Armor or Stage TR Armor|
|Rim Fitment||Fits Tube Type or Tubeless rims|
|TPI||120 EN, 60 TR|
|Size Options||29x2.5" (ETRTO 64-622)|
Weight: 1200 g (EN), 1085 g (TR)
Max Pressure: 50 PSI (TC/TT)
27.5x2.5" (ETRTO 64-584)
Weight: 1130 g (EN), 1020 g (TR)
Max Pressure: 50 PSI (TC/TT)
American Classic tires have a 2-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. Any defective tires will be replaced at no charge. This warranty applies to the original owner with proof of purchase and is non-transferable and non-assignable. The original owner is responsible for all postage costs and transportation risks of the returned product(s). The warranty covers American Classic products purchased through authorized dealers, www.amclassic.com, or the American Classic branded Amazon store, and product included as original equipment components of a new bicycle purchase. The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, product abuse, commercial usage, shipping damage, improper installation and/or maintenance, negligence, reckless handling, and/or unauthorized modification.
Please contact email@example.com for warranty information and claim forms.
Some American Classic tires are compatible with hookless (Tubeless Straight-Side/TSS) rims. To be compatible, the following must be met:
- The tire must be a Tubeless-Ready model,
- The tire must not include Stage 3 Flat Protection or Stage 3S Flat Protection,
- The tire must be placed on an appropriate width rim,
- The rim must meet current E.T.R.T.O. standards for tubeless systems, and
- The air pressure must be below the lowest maximum pressure as listed by both the rim and the ISO recommended pressure for Tubeless-Ready tires on hookless rims.
More information on hookless compatibility can be found on our Tire and Rim Compatibility page.
Not approved for use on hookless rims:
- Lamplighter (all versions)
- Timekeeper Tube-Type (all versions)
- Timekeeper TLR with Stage 3 Flat Protection
- Torchbearer Tube-Type (all versions)
- Torchbearer TLR with Stage 3S Flat Protection
- Any, and all, tube-type tires
Warning: the maximum air pressure listed on American Classic tires is for hook bead systems. Hookless systems require a lower maximum pressure. ISO provided maximum air pressures for hookless systems can be found in the Tire Pressure section on our Tire Basics page.