The Torchbearer offers versatile performance in a variety of road conditions. Our progressive tread design provides excellent grip and handling to support your town-line sprint while providing low rolling resistance for long days in the saddle.
The Torchbearer is available in both Tubeless Ready and tube-type constructions. The Tubeless Ready version utilizes Stage 4S Armor construction which combines three separate components of flat protection including a 120 TPI skin, a lightweight Nylon105 belt and our anti-cut deflecting skin to boost confidence and durability on long rides and in any weather. The tube type version uses a Stage 4 Armor construction which combines two separate components of flat protection including a lightweight puncture resistant Nylon105 belt and our anti-cut deflecting skin to boost confidence and durability on long rides and in any weather. And the 120 TPI casing in both versions reduces road vibration for long distance comfort over rougher terrain
This tire is designed for hook-bead (crochet) rims that follow current E.T.R.T.O. standards. The tube-type version of this tire is not intended for use with hookless rims.
- Everyday, all-weather road tire
- 700x25C, 700x28C, 700x32C
- Tube Type or Tubeless Ready
- Stage 4 Armor (TT) and Stage 4S Armor (TLR) construction
- Rubberforce S road racing tire compound
- Black sidewall
|Protection||Stage 4 Armor, Stage 4S Armor|
|Rim Fitment||Tube Type or Tubeless|
|Size Options||700x25C (ETRTO 25-622)|
Weight: 270 g (Tube Type), 365 g (Tubeless)
Max Pressure: 100 PSI (TC/TT)
700x28C (ETRTO 28-622)
Weight: 275 g (Tube Type), 380 g (Tubeless)
Max Pressure: 85 PSI (TC/TT)
700x32C (ETRTO 32-622)
Weight: 300 g (Tube Type), 395 g (Tubeless)
Max Pressure: 75 PSI (TC/TT)
American Classic tires have a 2-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. Any defective tires will be replaced at no charge. This warranty applies to the original owner with proof of purchase and is non-transferable and non-assignable. The original owner is responsible for all postage costs and transportation risks of the returned product(s). The warranty covers American Classic products purchased through authorized dealers, www.amclassic.com, or the American Classic branded Amazon store, and product included as original equipment components of a new bicycle purchase. The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, product abuse, commercial usage, shipping damage, improper installation and/or maintenance, negligence, reckless handling, and/or unauthorized modification.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for warranty information and claim forms.
Some American Classic tires are compatible with hookless (Tubeless Straight-Side/TSS) rims. To be compatible, the following must be met:
- The tire must be a Tubeless-Ready model,
- The tire must not include Stage 3 Flat Protection or Stage 3S Flat Protection,
- The tire must be placed on an appropriate width rim,
- The rim must meet current E.T.R.T.O. standards for tubeless systems, and
- The air pressure must be below the lowest maximum pressure as listed by both the rim and the ISO recommended pressure for Tubeless-Ready tires on hookless rims.
More information on hookless compatibility can be found on our Tire and Rim Compatibility page.
Not approved for use on hookless rims:
- Lamplighter (all versions)
- Timekeeper Tube-Type (all versions)
- Timekeeper TLR with Stage 3 Flat Protection
- Torchbearer Tube-Type (all versions)
- Torchbearer TLR with Stage 3S Flat Protection
- Any, and all, tube-type tires
Warning: the maximum air pressure listed on American Classic tires is for hook bead systems. Hookless systems require a lower maximum pressure. ISO provided maximum air pressures for hookless systems can be found in the Tire Pressure section on our Tire Basics page.