Inspired by the sand and gravel fragments that cover most gravel racing courses, the American Classic Grus is designed to give athletes the edge they need to charge over any terrain. Its tightly-spaced central tread delivers higher rolling speeds on straight sections, while the aggressive, hooked shoulder knobs provide lateral control in high-speed cornering and improve grip on rough terrain. Plus, open transition knobs prevent mud and sand build-up. With a Tubeless Ready 120 TPI casing, abrasion and cut-resistant Stage 5S Armor, and American Classic's Rubberforce G tread compounds, the Grus is ready to face a wide range of conditions at racing speeds. Don't let challenging terrain slow you down - upgrade to the American Classic Grus and experience the ultimate in speed, control, and performance.
- Tread designed for rolling speed and grip in loose conditions
- 700x40 (40-622)
- Tubeless Ready
- Stage 5S Armor construction
- Rubberforce G gravel tire compound
- Black sidewall
|Protection||Stage 5S Armor|
|Rim Fitment||Tubeless Ready|
|Size Options||700x40C (ETRTO 40-622)|
Weight: 515 g
Max Pressure: 55 PSI (TC/TT)
American Classic tires have a 2-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. Any defective tires will be replaced at no charge. This warranty applies to the original owner with proof of purchase and is non-transferable and non-assignable. The original owner is responsible for all postage costs and transportation risks of the returned product(s). The warranty covers American Classic products purchased through authorized dealers, www.amclassic.com, or the American Classic branded Amazon store, and product included as original equipment components of a new bicycle purchase. The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, product abuse, commercial usage, shipping damage, improper installation and/or maintenance, negligence, reckless handling, and/or unauthorized modification.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for warranty information and claim forms.
Some American Classic tires are compatible with hookless (Tubeless Straight-Side/TSS) rims. To be compatible, the following must be met:
- The tire must be a Tubeless-Ready model,
- The tire must not include Stage 3 Flat Protection or Stage 3S Flat Protection,
- The tire must be placed on an appropriate width rim,
- The rim must meet current E.T.R.T.O. standards for tubeless systems, and
- The air pressure must be below the lowest maximum pressure as listed by both the rim and the ISO recommended pressure for Tubeless-Ready tires on hookless rims.
More information on hookless compatibility can be found on our Tire and Rim Compatibility page.
Not approved for use on hookless rims:
- Lamplighter (all versions)
- Timekeeper Tube-Type (all versions)
- Timekeeper TLR with Stage 3 Flat Protection
- Torchbearer Tube-Type (all versions)
- Torchbearer TLR with Stage 3S Flat Protection
- Any, and all, tube-type tires
Warning: the maximum air pressure listed on American Classic tires is for hook bead systems. Hookless systems require a lower maximum pressure. ISO provided maximum air pressures for hookless systems can be found in the Tire Pressure section on our Tire Basics page.